Guest Guidelines and Policies
Making a Reservation:
Individuals (Winter Only)
Please contact Alex Kamau at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your reservation.
Groups (fall, winter, and spring)
Please contact Alex at email@example.com with the following list of information and depending on availability, a reservation will be created for you.
- Number of adults (13 and up)
- Number of children (12 and under)
- Names of each person
- The accommodations you are interested in
- The dates you are interested in
- Whether you are interested in purchasing skiing day passes or rentals during your stay
Large Groups Policy
Group attendees agree to the following CLC facilities use rules:
- Estimated numbers will be provided two weeks prior to arrival. Final numbers for rooms will be provided two days prior to arrival, as well as a copy of a schedule/itinerary.
- Guest may use the trails on the CLC property for hiking.
- No bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails.
- No smoking, vaping, or alcohol consumption on the property.
- No swimming in the lakes without a lifeguard certified by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross. Must provide a certified lifeguard for swimming.
- No use of the camp facilities apart from those expressly identified in this agreement is permitted without prior permission and appropriate supervision.
- The renter is responsible for any damage caused to the CLC facilities or property.
- The renter is responsible for any first aid, emergency care, and emergency transportation, should it become necessary, and for providing a group member certified in CPR and first aid by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross.
- Food preparation must be made according to ServeSafe standards; instructions can be provided upon request.
- Group staff are responsible for the supervision of the group at all times.
- All guests on property must sign a CLC Liability Waiver.
- The group will provide CLC with a copy of its liability insurance prior to arrival.
- Groups must have available at arrival the following information for each participant: name, address, emergency contact information, any known allergies or health conditions requiring special accommodation, and for minors – signed permission to seek emergency treatment or a signed religious waiver.
50% of your reservation fee is required to hold your reservation. Cancellation of an individual reservation within 48 hours of arrival will result in a 50% refund; cancellation within 24 hours is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
To reserve dates and hold rooms requires a $250 (or 15%, for contract totals under $800) non-refundable deposit. Two weeks prior to arrival the reservation is considered confirmed. Cancellation after the two-week mark incurs a 20% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 48 hours of arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee, and within 24 hours of arrival is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
Date Change Policy
We will do our best to accommodate you in the event of needing a date change. No refunds will be given (if canceling please see Cancellation/Refund Policy). 100% of any payment/deposit already made may be moved to a new date up to six months from the original reservation date. If the six months passes, then the Cancellation/Refund Policy is followed.
Smoking and Drinking Policy
As a non-profit organization, CLC is supported by a number of religiously affiliated foundations. Guests are asked to refrain from smoking, vaping, and drinking alcohol on our property.
Crystal Lake Camps is a non-smoking property. Smoking inside a building will result in a $250 cleaning fee. If smoking continues after the first request to stop, you will be asked to vacate the property with no refund, and with the cleaning fee added to your invoice. If this will be problematic for your group, please contact us in advance for potential arrangements.
CLC reserves the right to ask your group to leave the property if the smoking and alcohol policies are not adhered to, without refund.
Per state laws, please do not cross state lines with firewood. Wood may be purchased at camp if guests live outside of Pennsylvania.